Step 1: Follow the steps for installing Applicare SingleAgent.
Step 2: Check the below configurations are enabled in the DB instance.
- The RDS MySQL instance should be accessed from outside the AWS.
- The user which we are going to configure in applicare should have the same permission as master user.
- performance_schema parameter value should be 1.
- performance_schema_events_statements_history_size value should be1024.
Whenever we modify the Performance Schema Values, we must restart the DB instance.
Steps to check the performance_schema values in DB instance
1. Select the DB instance and go to Configuration tab and check the Parameter group assigned to that.
2. Go to RDS -> Parameter groups screen.
3. Select that parameter group assigned to the DB instance and select Edit option from the Parameter group actions dropdown.
4. Search performance_schema and check the performance_schema and performance_schema_events_statements_history_size values.
5. In the above settings if the performance_schema and the performance_schema_events_statements_history_size parameter values are different then click the Edit parameters button and change the performance_schema to 1 and performance_schema_events_statements_history_size to 1024 and click the Save changes button.
6. Restart DB instance.
We cannot modify the "default" Parameter groups settings. So if we have only "default" Parameter groups settings then we need to create a new parameter group and modify the values in that and assign the newly created parameter group to that DB instance. Follow the steps to create a DB parameter group.
Step 3: Start the agent by running the startAgent.bat (Administrator mode for windows) and startAgent.sh (sudo for linux) inside the ApplicareSingleAgent.zip extracted directory.
Step 4: Once the agent is started, Agent will be automatically added to the Applicare controller. Login into the Applicare console and go to the Overview menu.
Step 5: Select the newly added agent and click the Edit button.
Step 6: Enable the "Add Database Configuration" checkbox and select the Database & Version dropdown values based on the database which we are going to configure. If the version is not available in the dropdown select the last option in version dropdown.
Step 7: Enter the JDBC URL, Username and Password and click the update button to save.
For Other Docs - Click here
Article is closed for comments.