1. Go to RDS -> Parameter Group and click the Create parameter group button.
2. Enter the Group name, Description and click the Create button.
3. Select the newly created parameter groups and select the Edit option from the Parameter group actions dropdown.
4. Search performance_schema and change the performance_schema value to 1 and performance_schema_events_statements_history_size value to 1024 and click the Save changes button.
5. Go to the Parameter groups screen.
6. Select the default and newly created parameter groups and click the Compare option from the Parameter group actions dropdown.
7. It will display the Parameters list which is different from the default and the newly created one. Other than these two changes if there was any other changes then edit the newly created parameter group and add the additional changes to it and save.
8. Go to RDS -> Databases and click the Modify button.
9. Select the newly created parameter group from the DB parameter group dropdown and click the Continue button.
10. Select Apply immediately option and click the Modify DB instance button.
11. Select the DB instance and click the Reload button to check the status. It will display the status as Modifying. Wait for the Status to became Available.
12. Click the Reload button to check the status frequently.
13. Once the Status became Available select Reboot option from the Actions dropdown.