Applicare log monitoring allows you to search and locate information spread across log files created by heterogeneous applications and servers, from a single powerful UI. Tight integration with IntelliSense and Business transaction monitoring allows you to zoom in on the relevant sections of log files for any transaction, with few clicks.
Applicare can monitor any log file accessible by a monitored server / agent. You can provide the absolute path to the log file or a directory containing log files. If the provided path is a directory, all log files found in the directory will be monitored.
By default the Log Analyzer Service aspect will be available for all the agents. If it is not available then execute Step1 and 2 to add that Aspect.
Step 1: Go to Overview Menu and select the server and select Configure Dynamic Instrumentation button and add the Log Analyzer Service to the server.
Step 2: Go to LogAnalyzer Menu -> LogMonitor Configuration to add the Logs.
Please make sure that all the log entries of the log file are having the same date format otherwise Log Analyzer may fail to detect the file. Additionally, note that Log Analyser stores log enrty details under "<Applicare Install Dir>/server/solr" directory. Make sure that there is enough disk space on this location. On this location Applicare may require more disk space than the size of the log file that it monitors.
1. Go to Log Analyzer - LogMonitor Configuration menu.
2. Enter the details and click the save button to save the changes.
Server - Select the Server to which we are going to add the logs.
File Path - Either you can provide the directory path or file path.
Regex Date Pattern - Leave empty.
Add watcher to Directory - Applicable for directories.
- Yes - If a new log file created it will automatically monitor that log file.
- No - It will not monitor the new log files in the directory.
Index From Current Time - Option to monitor the logs from the current time or not.
- Yes - It will start monitor the records from the current time.
- No - It will monitor the old records too.
Using the Log Analyzer you can search all your logs files from a single UI. Search results can be limited to a date/time range and further filtered by log file or date using the dynamic filters on the left. By default it will load the records in the descending order based on the log date and time.
- Graph - It will display the log records count per day.
- Log Files - It will display the log file path and names based on the search result. By clicking on the Log file name it will filter the records available in that particular log files.
- Calendar - The calendar will show the days in bold which has the records. On mouse it will display the log records count.
- Pagination - By default it will display 25 records per page. Click on the page numbers to navigate to the pages.
- Copy button - It will copy the loaded records on the page.
- Download button - It will download the loaded records on the page. It will download the records in a text file.
1. Enter the search field and press enter button to search the records.
2. Click the Single View button.
3. A popup will be displayed. By default it will display 1000 records.
4. To load more records click on the Load More button.
Once all the records are loaded you can see the End of Records message.
5. In the left hand side the loaded record count will be displayed.
6. By default it will load the records in the descending order based on the log date and time.
- To sort the records in ascending order Check the Date ASC check box.
- To sort the records in descending order Un-Check the Date ASC check box.
7. Click the Top and Bottom buttons to scroll to the top and bottom of the records. While clicking on the Bottom it will scroll to the bottom of the records in addition to that it will also load the next set of 1000 records.
8. Click the Copy button to copy the loaded records.
9. Click the Download button to download the loaded records. It will download the records in a text file.
10. Close Popup - To close the popup either you can click on the close button on the bottom or close icon on the top of the popup.