1. Click the Menu icon and select the "Configure Dynamic Instrumentation".
2. Click the "Settings (Gear) button".
3. Adding the "Log Analyzer" aspect to servers.
- Select the "Log Analyzer Service" aspect under the "Available Aspects" in the left hand side.
- Select the server name under servers in the right hand side.
- Click the "Add" button to add the aspects to the selected servers.
4. Go to "Log Analyzer screen" by selecting the "Log Analyzer" from the left side menu.
5. Go to "Configuration Via File" screen.
6. Creating configuration (CSV) file for import.
Field 1 - Server Name
Field 2 - Log file Path
Field 3 - Index Current time option
Needed only if we are going to save alert configuration.
Field 4 - Alert Search Text.
Field 5 - Alert Name (Optional). But the search text and alert name should be same.
Field 6 - Alert Search Text Threshold (Optional). Default is 0.
- The configuration file may have 'n' no.of fields. But the first six fields should be specified in the above order. The optional fields can be empty.
Sample configuration files
Configuration file for Log Monitor only
Configuration file for Log Monitor and Alerts
7. Importing the configuration file
- Enter the configuration file path in the "Configuration File Path" field.
- Click the "Start Upload" button.
- Once the upload process is started a popup message will be displayed.
- Click "OK" in the popup and move on to different screen.
- The upload process time will depend on the no.of entries in the file.
- First it will save the log configuration.
- After saving all the log configuration it will wait for 3 minutes and then it will save the alert configuration for that log files.
- After completing all the process it will generate the result file and it will be available for download.
8. Go to "Configuration Via File" screen. If the upload process is completed then the result file for that upload process will be displayed in the grid.
Click "Download" to download the result file.
Viewing the downloaded result file.
The Result file will have both the Log configuration and Alert configuration save status fields.
- If the input file has more than 4 fields then the result file will have only first six fields from the input file and in addition to that it will have both the Log configuration and Alert configuration save status field.
- If no value is provided in the Index Current time value column then option "Yes" will be updated as a Index Current time.
9. Few more options in the "Configuration Via File" screen
- Reset button - To Reload the grid.
- Delete All History Files button - To delete all the files in the grid.
- Grid Delete button - To delete individual files in the grid.
10. Go to "LogMonitor Configuration" screen to view the uploaded Logs.
11. Go to "Alert Configuration" screen to view the Saved Alerts for the logs.
Go to Dashboard and click on Reset button or search using date to view the monitoring logs.
14. Alert Configuration Status
The configured alert status will displayed in the status column in the grid.
15. Viewing captured Alerts
Go to "Alerts screen" by selecting the "Alerts" from the left side menu.
Please sign in to leave a comment.