To run Applicare in your environment by MySQL 18.104.22.168 steps required are
1. Install MySQL community edition 22.214.171.124 complete
2. Create a database schema for Applicare
3. Create a user for Applicare and start startup.bat from Applicare->server->bin folder
4. If you are getting an error of "SQL exception Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client" then resolve it by grating all privileges including system privileges and then type the command "Alter user 'created_user' IDENTIFIED BY mysql_native_password 'created_Password_of_USER';" command in MySQL
5. Then after this if you are getting "SQL exception Unknown initial character set index '255' received from server. Initial client character set can be forced via the 'characterEncoding' property" exception then download "mysql-connector-java-5.1.44.jar" and paste to Applicare->server->lib directory.
(Also replace the existing "mysql-connector-java-5.x.xx.jar" )
6. Then again run startup.bat file if you are getting "Establishing SSL connection without server's identity verification is not recommended." warning then you can disable SSL in applicare.properties file by appending "useSSL=false" for instance: applicare.dburl=jdbc\:mysql\://localhost\:3306/applicare?useSSL=false;
7. Again run startup.bat file it will resolve the warning and applicare will start working in a smooth way.
Please sign in to leave a comment.