1. First, you have to build the stand-alone collector. Once you install Applicare you can build
the stand-alone agent by running.
<ApplicareServer Install Dir>/agent/Standalonecollector/build/ build_collector.bat/sh
This will create a new folder
<Applicare Server Install Dir>/agent/Standalonecollector/Applicare
and jar file
<Applicare Install Dir>/agent/Standalonecollector/Applicare.jar
2. If you are going to deploy the agent in the new machine then copy the "Applicare.jar " from the Applicare server machine to agent machine and extract in any directory.
Please make sure that on Linux environment you assign appropriate read/write permission to extracted/copied Applicare folder/jar. Additionally, run the following command from the extracted/copied folder to assign execute permission to all the .sh script files.
chmod +x *.sh
3. Please note that the agent by default runs on port 9880. You can change the port number by modifying
<ApplicareAgentHomeDir> /server/conf/server.xml file
4. Set "SERVER_NAME" and "JAVA_HOME" property in the agent "Catalina.bat/sh" file before starting the agent.
Note: If it is a standalone server for dotnet agent, don't set SERVER_NAME.
Go to the path <ApplicareAgentHomeDir>/server/bin/catalina.bat/sh
Edit Catalina.bat/sh and set the "SERVER_NAME" &
"JAVA_HOME" and save the file.
SERVER_NAME - You can give any name without spaces.
JAVA_HOME - Java JDK path of the Agent machine.
Note: For every agent, the SERVER_NAME should be unique.
For Windows edit Catalina.bat file and save
For Linux edit, Catalina.sh file and save
To start Agent:- (Open terminal in Administrator mode)
1. Go to the Aplicare Agent installed directory.
2. Go to the path <ApplicareAgentHomeDir>/server/bin.
3. Execute the "startup" script file. For Windows execute "startup.bat" and for Linux execute "startup.sh" script file.
Please sign in to leave a comment.