Follow the below mentioned steps to setup a Coherence Cluster & connect it from Applicare (the steps may slightly differ based on the Weblogic and Coherence version):
- Create a Machine named Machine-A.
- Create two standalone servers: Server-A with port 7009, and Server-B with port 7008.
- Create a Coherence Cluster with name CoherenceCluster.
- Change the Clustering mode to MultiCast.
- Add Server-A and Server-B as members of CoherenceCluster.
- Go to the Coherence tab of Server-A and Server-B and enable Local Storage.
- Start Server-A and Server-B.
- Go to Deployments and deploy Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home\coherence\libcoherence-web-spi.war. Make sure you select Server-A and Server-B as deployment targets and select the copy deployment to all servers option if available.
- Go to Deployments and deploy Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home\wlserver\common\deployable-libraries\active-cache-1.0.jar. Make sure you select Server-A and Server-B as deployment targets and select the copy deployment to all servers option if available.
- Download and deploy the attached counter.war file. Make sure you select Server-A and Server-B as deployment targets and select the copy deployment to all servers option if available. counter.war may be incompatible with some WebLogic servers. In this case following the instructions in the following link to build counter.war:
- Make sure counter.war is active by accessing http://localhost:7009/counter/counter.jsp. It should display the counter value.
- Open the command prompt and change the directory to Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home\coherence\lib.
- Run the following command, making sure that the tangosol.coherence.cluster parameter value matches the Cluster name created in step 3:
java -Dtangosol.coherence.cluster=CoherenceCluster -Dtangosol.coherence.management=all
-cp coherence.jar;jmxri.jar;jmxtools.jar com.tangosol.net.management.MBeanConnector -rmi
- Now try connecting to CoherenceCluster from Applicare by adding the following URL to the coherence configuration:
If needed, you may refer to the following link for more help:
Please sign in to leave a comment.