This section describes how you can update Applicare to the latest version using the update.jar file. This process is helpful in case the server on which you have installed Applicare is not connected to Internet.
Please follow the steps mentioned below to update your Applicare installation:
1. Download update.jar from the Arcturus Applicare Update link from the Arcturus Support site's download section.
2. Make a backup of your current <Applicare Installation Dir>
3. Place update.jar in the <Applicare Installation Dir>/tmp/updates/ folder. You may have to create this directory if it does not exist.
4. Stop the Applicare server.
5. Run <Applicare Installation Dir>/scripts/runUpdate.sh/bat.
6. Make sure to adjust any custom memory settings/any other settings in <Applicare Installation Dir>/server/bin/catalina.sh/bat. This is overwritten during Applicare update and any customization done by you will be lost after the update.
7. Run the build_agent.bat/sh script in the Applicare directory and it will build a file named agent.jar.
8. Copy the agent.jar file to the machine running the Application server and place it in the same directory location. For example, if you installed Applicare to c:\Applicare, create a directory as c:\Applicare in the machine running the Application server and place agent.jar there.
9. Run jar –xvf agent.jar in a console from the newly created directory to extract all necessary files.
10. If your extracted folder path is different from the original Applicare installation directory, edit the scripts/setAgentEnv.bat(sh) file and modify the ARCTURUS_HOME environmental variable to point to the extracted directory path.
11. If you upgrade the Applicare server to 738 or higher, and it does not start, please verify that you have the following new spring option in setAdminEnv.bat for Windows and setAdminEnv.sh in Linux:
If you are using default authentication:
If you are using SAML authentication:
12. Start Applicare server.
13. Redeploy the Applicare Agent (applicare_agent.war) on the Application server and restart the Application server.
Contact Arcturus Support in case you face any problem.
Please sign in to leave a comment.